Minister of Health, Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Setia Dr Haji Awang Mohd Isham Haji Jaafar during a press conference at the Ministry of Health. Image: Fazizul Haqimie

Brunei Darussalam has less than 10 active cases of the coronavirus as the Ministry of Health announced two more recoveries on Sunday, bringing the total number of COVID-19 recoveries in the sultanate to 128.

Speaking during a press conference, Health Minister, Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Setia Dr Hj Md Isham Hj Jaafar said that a total of nine active cases are still undergoing treatment at the National Isolation Centre (NIC).

Out of this number, two patients remain in critical condition, both requiring respiratory and heart/lung machine (ECMO) assistance.

The minister also announced that no new case of COVID-19 virus was reported in the sultanate today, bringing the national tally of confirmed coronavirus cases to remain at 138.

Source: Ministry of Health

With regard to cases that have recovered but found to be positive again, the health minister announced that no case has re-tested positive today, while four such individuals have been allowed to return home.

This brings the total number of such cases as of today to 22 individuals, of which two individuals are still undergoing further examination and testing.

As of today, a total of 2,542 individuals have completed their quarantine, while 33 individuals are currently undergoing quarantine in accordance with the Infectious Disease Act (Chapter 204).

In the past 24 hours, a total of 338 samples have been tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus, bringing the total number of laboratory tests conducted since January 2020 to 14,262 tests.

The minister went on to remind the public to continue carrying out their social responsibilities and to apply preventive measures especially when going out to make purchases, while also encouraging business and premise owners to employ measures to avoid overcrowding.

“We still need the cooperation of the public to remain vigilant in applying what has been previously emphasised,” he said.

“This is important to note because with the cooperation of all parties as well as the responsibility and discipline from the public, only then can we begin to reduce the restrictions or start de-escalation at a time to be determined later,” he added.

The public are reminded to practise precautionary measures when going out to make purchases. Image: Ridhwan Kamarulzaman

For further information and latest updates, members of the public can visit www.moh.gov.bn or call its Health Advice Line 148 or through the web platform healthinfo.gov.bn

Alternatively, members of the public can also get the latest information on the COVID-19 situation in Brunei through GOV.BN official channel on Telegram at https://t.me/govbnofficial.

The Bruneian | BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN

Advertisements

Follow by Email